Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Norway

Got to have a little vacation this weekend at a Norwegian School in Nairobi. One of my fellow students here is Norwegian and has connections to the school so we got to stay there. It was really nice to just be able to get away for awhile.

At the school they had a pool, so I got to go swimming at 8 o’clock at night in November…in Africa! It also had actual working, hot showers! It’s amazing how great the small things seem now that I don’t have them at all. Mostly we just hung out in the guest house we were staying in, eating and just having fun. At the end of the night I got to have a room to myself with nice beds and everything!

Pretty much it was a nice one night vacation, nothing more, nothing less. Now I continue to be a Temporary Norwegian…er Kenyan.

No comments: