Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hospitals

Alright so I’ve been sick all week with chest pains. After a few days I’ve come to the conclusion that I swallowed a bone or something and it’s either stuck in there or something got bruised or cut up when I swallowed it. Regardless it hasn’t been going away, time for a trip to a Kenyan hospital!
Alright so when I got to the hospital I was asked if I wanted a doctors consult first or just get an x-ray straight away, I figured it was logical to see a doctor first. So I went into the doctors office and she asked me what was wrong, without even looking up. She seemed like she could care less that I was there. I told her that my chest hurt and I though I swallowed something, so she listened to my chest, said she heard nothing and was going to give me antibiotics. I asked her if I should get an x-ray to see if I swallowed something and I told her it hurt to swallow anything. Her response to this was to give me an antacid. She pretty much just seemed like she wanted me to leave, which I did after this.
Moral of the story, Kenyan hospitals aren’t very effective, at least not when I was there. Oh well I can say I’ve had to go to a hospital in Kenya now, that’s good enough I guess. I’m just going to have to continue to be a Temporary Kenyan, if I live much longer…just kidding.

Post Note: I’m not sick anymore!

No comments: