Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Indescribable

Indescribable...it's the best way to describe pretty much everything right now. I mean it's the best word I can use to describe my emotions since coming here. It's amazing, exciting, heavy, interesting, and so many more words that all mash together to make how I feel indescribable. There is just so much swimming around in my head about being here and thinking about all that I am about to encounter over the next few months, it's insane!

On top of my emotions, we watched the Indescribable sermon by Louie Giglio, which for those who haven't seen it, is all about the wonder of God and the amazement of the universe and all the ways it glorifies God just by existing. I've seen it before, yet this time around it was even more powerful. I think this really had to do with the fact that after we watched it, we went out into the field and looked at the night sky and let me tell you, the African night sky gives a whole new outlook on God's wonder and it puts the night sky in NOVA to shame.

Really I'm just coming to grips with how incredible my experience here is going to be, how awesome it is just to be here, how amazing my opportunity is, and how indescribable all of this is when you put it together. I just know that I am so excited to see the things that are in store for me in the next coming months, in all aspects of my life. All the while I will remain a Temporary Kenyan.

No comments: